The FEIEA Grand Prix competition seeks to recognise excellence at the European level and to promote the sharing of best practice in internal communication. This year’s results were revealed at the FEIEA Grand Prix ceremony, which took place in central Zürich on 7 November 2012.
This year 103 practices from across Europe were entered in 15 categories from printed and electronic media to internal communication strategies and events. After three judging rounds (atnational and international level) the judges selected what they believed were the top three entries in each category. Says Marie-Eve Deltenre, FEIEA GP director: »The FEIEA Grand Prix competition provides an opportunity for entrants to gauge their organisation’s communications against a European benchmark,«.
The FEIEA Grand Prix ceremony together with the Swiss National »Golden Quill« Awards presentations took place at the UBS Conference Centre in Zürich. The FEIEA Grand Prix winners celebrated the best internal communication achievements from across Europe. In each category, different subcategories of printed publications, electronic media, IC events and strategies, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners were announced.
- The best single multilanguage publication was published by Vivaqua (Belgium)
- Best regular multilanguage publication went to OMV AG Styria Multi Media
- The best magazine was produced for Crédit Suisse employees (Switzerland)
- Employees of Centrica Energy (UK) read the best internal newspaper
- Delta Lloyd Group from The Netherlands made the best front cover
- The best photograph in internal publications was chosen from Service public fédéral justice’s internal publication (Belgium)
- Slovenian colleagues from Si.Mobil published the best graphic image
- The best electronic newsletter came from Portugal’s Gruppo Ch
- A1 Telekom Austria had the best intranet
- A film from Belgium’s Infrabel was selected as the best in the audio-visual category
- Siemens Portugal organised the best single event
- DHL IT Services from Czech Republic the best multiple event
- The best single issue strategy was conducted in the UK by Allman Communication for Mitchells & Butlers
- The best ongoing strategy by ING Insurance from Czech Republic
- A Slovenian entry from the company Mercator won in the multinational strategy category
FEIEA President Steve Doswell says: »Every year we see the emergence of new trends and the persistence of cultural differences. So it was this year, with an ever-growing focus on corporate values and a search for authenticity in communication in some cases, together with a continued formalism in the way senior figures are portrayed in others. Our challenge as a pan-European organisation is to distinguish between ‘good and bad’ on one hand and ‘culturally appropriate’ on the other. Never easy but always fascinating.
»Above all, we do our collective best to treat each entry fairly and to arrive at decisions that ‘work’ for organisations as diverse as a hardware retailer in Scandinavia, a national railway in ‘Mitteleuropa’ or a telecoms operator in southern Europe.«
Photo gallery: http://www.svik.ch/rating/svik-rating-2012.html